Free Scholarship Search Databases:
Top 10% Scholarship Program
Scholarships on the District Website
Scholarships for Hispanics
Area Go Texan Scholarship Application
· Amount: 4 year, $12,000.00 award
· Deadline: January each year, see website
· Eligibility: US citizen, senior ranked in upper third (1/3) of graduating class, SAT minimum score of 1350 or ACT minimum score of 19, must enroll in a Texas college or university, must be involved in extracurricular and community activities, limit on other scholarships/financial aid
Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation
· The CKSF awards scholarships to students through internet-based quiz competitions. There is no essay writing or long applications to complete. Students receive scholarship awards based on common knowledge and basic education curricula.
· Open to every high school student in the United States, this is a monthly online quiz tournament.
Courageous Persuaders Scholarship
- Amount: National = $1,000.00 - $2,000.00; other states vary.
- Deadline: Thursday, February 9, 2012.
- Return to: apply online
- Eligibility: high school student 9 - 12
- Misc info: Create a 30 second commercial targeted at middle school students. Subject varies each year.
FFA Scholarship Book
· There are many scholarships available for current FFA members who are seniors.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Be of Hispanic heritage
Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Have plans to enroll FULL-TIME at a two or four year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the 2012-2013 academic year
Be pursuing first undergraduate or graduate degree
The American Legion Scholarships
· Various scholarships are available: see website for details.
United States Foreign Service National High School Essay Contest
Deadline: March 1
Return to: see website for details
Eligibility: Must write a 750-1000 word essay—Analyze and explain how the members of the Foreign Service promote United States national interests by participating in the resolution of today’s major international issues.
USA Funds Access to Education Scholarship
· Amount: $1,500.00
· Deadline: February each year
· Eligibility: high school senior, plan to enroll in two or four year college or university, annual income of $35,000.00 or less, US citizen or eligible non-citizen.
· Tuition Funding Sources provides students with access to the world’s largest scholarship database along with college and career information.
· Go to www.TuitionFundingSources.com, click on Login and register. Select state where you live and school that you attend. Enter your email address and create password.
Young American Creative Patriotic Art Awards
· Amount: $1,500.00, $5,000.00, $10,000.00
· Deadline: March 31 of each year
· Return to: see website
· Eligibility: ages 9 – 12
Gates Millennium Scholars
· Amount: varies amounts for various scholarships
· Deadline: January 11, 2012
· Eligibility: must be African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American or Hispanic American; US citizen or permanent resident; have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.3; meet Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria; have demonstrated leadership skills; have all required forms completed and submitted by the deadline.
KFC Colonel’s Scholars
· Amount: up to $5,000.00 per year for 4 years
· Deadline: Begins 1 December; closes the middle of February each year
· Return to: apply online at www.kfcscholars.org
· Eligibility: graduating from high school this academic year, enrolling in a public college or university, maintain at least a 2.75 GPA, pursuing a bachelor’s degree, a US citizen or permanent resident.
Navy Reserve Officer Training Candidate (NROTC) Scholarship
· Amount: up to $180,00.00 (4 yrs of tuition, books, fees paid)
· Eligibility: 18 yrs old and not over 34 yrs. old. Meet Navy physical qualification. Have an SAT of 530 verbal/520 math or ACT of 22 math/22 English.
NFIB Young Entrepreneur Award
· Amount: 5 national winners of $5,000.00; one will win an additional $5,000 as the Young entrepreneur of the Year.
· Deadline: October through February each year
· Return to: see website for details
· Eligibility: high school seniors who have demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and initiative (started own business, or participates in organizations such as DECA, FBLA, Junior Achievement, etc).
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) U.S. Scholarship Program
· Deadline: Apply on-line until January 27, 2012
· Return to: see website
· Eligibility: see website
nald Mc Donald House Charities (RMHC) U.S. Scholarship Program
Sam Walton Community Scholarship
· Amount: $1,000.00
· Deadline: Apply on-line
· Return to: see website
· Eligibility: Student can’t be a Wal-Mart or Sam’s Club associate, or the child or legal dependent of a Wal-Mart stores or Sam’s Club associate.
State Farm Texas Scholar Athlete
Deadline: see website
Return to: see website
Eligibility: high school seniors throughout Texas who exhibit leadership and good citizenship in academic, athletic and co-curricular activities, and who do so while demonstrating diversity by their extracurricular involvement and commitment.
Texas Student Housing
- Amount: $2,500/year
- Deadline: January 31, 2013
- Return to :See website
- Eligibility: Open to student accepted to or attending college in Austin, College Station and Denton, Texas that have NOT signed off campus housing leases with a Texas Student Housing facility managed by Asset Campus Housing.